Now that summer is behind us, and the weather is getting colder by the day, it’s time to start making soup.
There’s nothing better than curling up with a nice bowl of soup, your favorite book, and perhaps a glass of wine (or two). Wine is one of the ingredients required to cook our Maryland crab bisque soup recipe anyways!
Crab bisque is a classic soup that is given its consistency by blending rice.
The Cameron’s Seafood team has found a fantastic recipe from Brown Eyed Baker for you to cook to warm up your body on those chilly Autumn nights!
This Maryland crab bisque soup recipe is quick and easy, and it only takes 10 ingredients.
Hopefully you enjoy this dish and feel free to check out more of our crab recipes on our blog.
Skill Level: Beginner
Cooking and Prep Time: 45 minutes
Ingredients Required to Make Crab Bisque:
- 2 cups of Cameron’s lump Maryland crab meat (chopped small)
- 4 cups of seafood stock
- 1 cup of white rice
- 1/3 cup of shallots (chopped finely)
- ¾ cups of dry white wine
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 ¼ cups of heavy cream
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
Crab Bisque Cooking Directions:
- In a medium sauce pan or dutch oven, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Add the shallots, cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the seafood stock, wine, rice and tomato paste.
- Increase heat to bring mixture to a simmer and then bring it down to medium-low heat to cook for 25 minutes.
- Grab about 2/3 of your crab meat and throw it into the soup mixture.
- After it’s mixed thoroughly, add all contents to a blender and liquefy.
- Return the blended soup to your saucepan and continue to simmer on medium-low heat.
- Mix in the rest of the crab meat, cream, and add salt and cayenne pepper to your liking.
- Heat and stir until the cream and crab meat are mixed thoroughly.
This dish is best served within two days of cooking.
Buy Maryland Blue Crab Online:
Did you know that Cameron’s Seafood ships fresh seafood nationwide throughout the US within 48 hours through its online store?
We’re a family business with many brick & mortar locations throughout the US and an unwavering passion for seafood! Our Online Crab Guarantee sets us apart from our competitors and you can taste the difference in our crabs.
Thinking about ordering some Maryland crabs for yourself or a Marylander that’s moved away from home? Feel free to check out our FAQ or contact us with any questions before placing your order!
By: Dylan Bridger