Spicy Crab Dip
Are you looking for an appetizer that is sure to impress your dinner guests? Why not try this Spicy Blue Crab Dip recipe? The sweet and delicate crab meat melds perfectly with the creaminess of the other ingredients like cream cheese, mayonnaise and/or sour cream.
The flavor profile of this spicy Maryland crab dip recipe is sweet, salty, sour, and spicy. The lemon juice helps to cut the richness and to brighten the flavors. Featuring a few of our own twists to spice it up, here is our version of spicy crab dip!
Spicy Crab Dip Recipe
- 1 lb Cameron’s Lump Maryland Crab Meat
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp Old Bay seasoning or Cameron’s Special Seasoning Blend
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a 1-quart sized baking dish with oil, butter, or cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and 2 tbsp of the cheddar cheese.
- Once combined, gently fold in the lump crab meat, hot sauce and 1½ tsp of the seasoning blend. You want to be very gentle here so that you keep the crab meat whole and don’t break it up too much.
- Our spicy crab dip is great when served with home-made pita chips, crostini, or flatbread.
- To make your own pita chips, cut white or whole wheat pitas into wedges and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle the wedges with olive oil and cook in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Pour your mixture into the greased baking dish. Top it with the remaining cheddar cheese and seafood seasoning. Bake the dip in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until it is bubbly and lightly browned on top.
- For crostini, cut a baguette into slices about ¼ inch thick. Lay the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush them with olive oil, salt and garlic powder. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Easily make your own flatbread at home with fresh pizza dough. Gently stretch the pizza dough with your hands until it is ¼ inch thick and place it on a flour-lined baking sheet. Drizzle the dough with olive oil and sprinkle it with salt, pepper, and Italian herbs. Bake it in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes, or until the dough is golden around the edges and doesn’t stick in the middle.
Buy Maryland Blue Crab Online
Visit our online store to purchase lump Maryland crab meat for this dish, and check out all of our other great seafood options too! We offer nationwide shipping in the United States within 48 hours.
Are you going to serve this Maryland blue crab dip recipe at your next get together? We want to see photos of your spicy crab dip and what you chose to serve with it! You can find us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter by leaving your email in the field in the sidebar!
By: Melanie Craighead