Best Restaurant Seafood Dishes-at Home!
Dining out is fun… but… what if I told you that your favorite casual restaurant menu items are super easy to make at home? You’ll likely say, “Patterson, you’re a trained chef of course it’s easy for YOU to say that”! No, no, no my friends! The restaurants WANT you to think that way so you’ll keep coming back. But the secrets out, and here are 3 (not so top secret) homemade seafood dish recipes from Red Lobster, Joe’s Crab Shack and Bonefish Grill.
Red Lobster’s Wood Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- 2 lbs. Cameron’s Seafood Fresh Shrimp peeled
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soak bamboo skewers in water for a minimum of 1 hour. Skewer approx. 5-6 shrimp onto each skewer and place on the bottom of a baking pan or casserole dish.
- Preheat a charcoal grill or gas grill to medium high heat (charcoal grill preferred-for that wood grilled flavor).
- In a medium bowl whisk together garlic, Worcestershire sauce, melted butter and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Brush shrimp skewers with butter mix and grill (brushing frequently) for 4-5 minutes, flipping over once, or until lightly charred and cooked thoroughly. Brush with and remaining butter before serving and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Joe’s Crab Shack Classic Steam Pot
- 1 stick unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 1 lb. Cameron’s Seafood Dungeness Crab Legs
- 1 lb. Cameron’s Seafood Alaskan Snow Crab Legs
- 1 lb. Cameron’s Seafood Fresh Shrimp
- 1/2 lb. Smoked Sausage like Andouille or Kielbasa, sliced
- 10 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 ears of corn shucked
- 4 red potatoes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons old bay seafood seasoning
- serve with garlic bread or crusty french rolls
In an extra large pot combine butter, bouillon salt and water and bring to a simmer. Add crab legs, shrimp, sausage, garlic cloves, corn and potatoes.
Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender and corn is cooked throughly.
Serve in large bowls with a few ladles of broth and a sprinkle of old bay on top.
Bonefish Grill Bang Bang Shrimp
- 2 cups oil peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 lb. Cameron’s Seafood Fresh Shrimp peeled
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
serve with cooked white rice and garnish with chopped fresh scallions and cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Using a thermometer heat oil to 325°F-350°F.
- In a large bowl toss shrimp with buttermilk and season with salt. Coat shrimp in buttermilk and while working in batches fry in hot oil for 2-3 minutes or until cooked and crisp. Let drain on a paper towel or wire rack. Repeat this process for the remaining shrimp.
- In a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce and sriracha until smooth and blended. Toss with fried shrimp and serve.
Buy Seafood Online-and cook good food at home!
All of the seafood listed in these recipes is available at our online store. As we say, ‘from shore to door, 3 days fresher than the grocery store’-all of our seafood is delivered right to your door when you schedule it, guaranteed! That’s convenience you need, especially for meal prepping and planning.
By: Patterson Watkins