Easy Crab Cake Casserole
Are you looking for some delicious ways to incorporate crabs cakes into more of your weekly meals? If so, you must try this Easy Crab Cake Casserole! Layers of flavor, thanks to our award winning authentic Maryland Crab Cake mix, colorful bell peppers, parmesan cheese, and stuffing mix!
Origin of Crab Cakes
Maryland crabs cakes have earned a mighty reputation of being the best in the world. Thanks to the wealth of resources found throughout the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland blue crabs have unsurpassed flavor that is well reflected in these tasty cakes! The first recipe for crab cakes was penned by Crosby Gaige in 1930, but it is thought that they were gaining in popularity before this. Combining crab with filler was a great way to stretch the meat and make a meal when times were tight during depression era thirties.
Easy Crab Cake Casserole
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup orange bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup celery diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 16 oz Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cake mix
- 6 oz package of stuffing mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup fresh scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly spritz a 13x9-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the bell peppers, celery, and onions, and sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- While the veggies are sautéing, gently crumble the crab cake mix into a large bowl and sprinkle with the stuffing mix.
- In a separate bowl, place eggs, mayonnaise, and broth, and whisk to combine.
- Add the sautéed veggies, 1/4 cup scallions, 1/4 cup grated parmesan, and liquid mixture to the bowl and gently stir to combine, set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Once rested, transfer the casserole mix to the prepared casserole dish, and spread out in an even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until fluffy and slightly crisp around the edges.
- Sprinkle the casserole with the remaining scallions and parmesan before serving.
Buy Authentic Maryland Crab Cakes Online
Yes, the real deal, True Blue Maryland crab cakes delivered right to your door! That’s exciting stuff! All of our jumbo lump crab cakes are handmade every morning, containing a whopping 75% crab meat to binder ratio (that’s a lot of crab!), and made with authentic Maryland crab meat. Click this link to shop our award winning crab cakes.
Show us your crab cake love! We’re always looking for fellow fans of the cake (maybe we should start a club!). We can be found @cameronsseafoodonline on Instagram or @CameronsSeafood on Facebook.
About the author
Patterson Watkins is a professional chef with over 17 years of experience. With a robust career in restaurants, contract dining and catering (including 4 Summer Olympic posts preparing food for the athletes!) Patterson joined the Cameron’s Seafood team at the end of 2018 to concoct some delicious recipes with our premium seafood items as the centerpiece.