Shrimp and Scallop Poke Bowls
Poke (pronounced ‘poh-kay’) is a wonderfully flavorful Hawaiian seafood tradition. Poke, which means to ‘cut in’ or ‘chunk’, is a celebrated food-stuff consisting of lightly marinated fresh fish or shellfish. The marinated seafood is then heaped on to a variety of chef driven bases- rice, grains or greens. Poke bowls have gained mainland popularity in the last few years, with poke shops and restaurants popping up here and there. Since fresh and fabulous seafood is the name of our game, we wanted to share with you our recipe for Scallop and Shrimp Poke Bowl Recipe.
The seafood, in our version, is marinated in a lime sesame vinaigrette seasoned with garlic and ginger before being seared, chilled and served. Our base is a bed of fruit and veggies-shredded cabbages, edamame beans, mango, cucumber and avocado, and everything is finished off with a healthy helping of scallions and cilantro. To top it all off, we drizzle with more lime sesame vinaigrette and a tangy spicy sriracha garlic mayo.
Shrimp and Scallop Poke Bowls
Sriracha garlic mayo:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon or 1/2 tablespoon for less spicy sriracha
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
Lime sesame vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- salt to taste
Poke bowl toppings:
- 8 oz. Fresh Shrimp peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 8 oz. Sea Scallops cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup edamame shelled
- 1 cup mango diced
- 1 cup cucumber diced or sliced
- 1 avocado peeled and diced or sliced
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup radish shredded or thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh scallions chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro chopped
- In a small bowl whisk together sriracha garlic mayo ingredients together until smooth. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- In a medium bowl or blender combine rice vinegar, tamari, lime juice, sesame oil, honey, garlic and ginger, whisk or blend until smooth and blended. Add oil in a thin stream and whisk or blend until combined. Stir in sesame seeds and season with salt to taste.
- Divide vinaigrette in half and toss half of the vinaigrette with the chopped shrimp and scallops. Marinate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat and grease lightly with pan release spray. Drain seafood and sear shrimp and scallops for 6-8 minutes until thoroughly cooked and lightly browned. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Distribute edamame, mango, cucumber, avocado, red cabbage, green cabbage and radishes to bowls. Top with chilled cooked seafood, scallions and cilantro. Drizzle with reserved vinaigrette and sriracha mayo before serving.
Buy Seafood Online
All of the seafood listed in this scallop and shrimp poke bowl recipe is available at our online store. As we say, ‘from shore to door, 3 days fresher than the grocery store’-all of our seafood is delivered right to your door when you schedule it, guaranteed! That’s convenience you need, especially for meal prepping and planning.
By: Patterson Watkins