Crab Avocado Toasts
Mmmmmm…avocado toasts… the insanely popular (quite delicious) and social media clogging breakfast bet. You can see why this dish is so well liked, it’s easy (if you can make toast, you’re halfway there) and quick (if you’re anything like me and leave breakfast till…the…very…last…minute).
We’re going to elevate this recipe just a little bit, and by no means does elevating mean harder or longer, we’re elevating with the addition of crab. Crab is a perfect ingredient for this combination, you’re upgrading the all-ready-nutrition-packed breakfast with the addition of lean protein plus you’re boosting the flavor.
Below you’ll find my ‘classic’ avocado toast recipe (with the addition of Cameron’s Seafood Jumbo Lump Crab Meat) along with some tips and other variations to keep your palate pleased.
Crab Avocado Toast
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread toasted
- 1 avocado peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 lb. Cameron’s Seafood Jumbo Lump Crab Meat drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1/8 cup red onion thinly sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
Flavor Variations (Add these variations of toppings to your crab avocado toast.)
- Caprese: 1/4 cup fresh mozzarella, sliced. 1/4 cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes, slices. 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped. Light drizzle of balsamic.
- BLT: 4 slices of heirloom tomatoes, 4 slices bacon, cooked. 1/2 cup arugula.
- Mediterranean: 8 slices cucumber. 1/8 cup feta. 1/8 cup kalamata olives. 2 tablespoons marinated roasted red pepper, chopped.
- Loaded Veggie 1/8 cup red bell pepper, chopped. 1/8 cup carrots, peeled and chopped. 1/8 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped. 1/8 cup beets, peeled and chopped. 1/8 cup sprouts.
Top toasted bread slices with avocado slices. Distribute crab meat and drizzle with olive oil, citrus juice, onion slices and season with salt and pepper.
-Feel free to top your toast with an egg for double the protein. Personally, I like a soft boiled egg but a hard boiled or fried egg is perfect
-If you’re a fan of spice, douse or lightly drizzle in your favorite hot sauce. I like to use a smoky chipotle hot sauce.
-Pack each ingredient separately if you’re brown bagging it. This way everything stays fresh and nothing gets soggy.
Buy Maryland Crab Meat Online
All of the crab meat listed in these avocado toast recipes and tips are available at our online store. As we say, ‘from shore to door, 3 days fresher than the grocery store’-all of our crab meat is delivered right to your door when you schedule it, guaranteed! And remember, the best crab meat comes from Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs 🙂
About the author
Patterson Watkins is a professional chef with over 17 years of experience. With a robust career in restaurants, contract dining and catering (including 4 Summer Olympic posts preparing food for the athletes!) Patterson joined the Cameron’s Seafood team at the end of 2018 to concoct some delicious recipes with our premium seafood items as the centerpiece.