How to Cook Maryland Crab Cakes in a Frying Pan
A true Maryland Crab Cake lover will tell you that pan-frying crab cakes is the best method to cooking such a dish. However, there are also different methods to cooking your crab cakes such as, a sautéed style, deep fried, or even baking your crab cakes. In this article, we will be going over the steps on how to pan-fry crab cakes. Keep in mind that you have to start the crab cakes cold so they’re firm enough to hold their shape, no matter how you cook them: sautéing, baking, or pan-frying.
Our handmade Maryland Jumbo Crab Cakes are 8 ounces, roughly the size of a baseball and can feed 1-2 adults. If you wish to order our crab cakes online, please note that we have various discounts on first time orders and returning customers! Pan-frying the crab cakes is not difficult, as long as there is enough moisture to hold them together, so they do not crumble when flipping. If you follow the steps below, your end result will be a mouth-watering Crab Cake platter!
How to Pan Fry Crab Cakes
- Cameron's Jumbo Maryland Crab Cake
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Paper Towels
Prepare your favorite crab-cake recipe: In this case we are using our very own Maryland Jumbo Crab Cakes. Shape your mixed ingredients into cakes that are about 1-inch high and make sure the crab cake recipe you are using is not so dry that is falls apart easily.
- Add the olive oil to a frying pan and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Use a spatula to place the crab cakes into the hot frying pan. Be cautious to prevent the oil from splattering on your skin.
- Cook the crab cakes until they are golden brown on the side facing down. This takes about five minutes.
- Flip the crab cakes with a spatula, being careful so that they do not break apart. Cook the cakes on the second side until they turn golden brown, or about five minutes.
- Remove the crab cakes from the frying pan and place them on a platter lined with paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Serve your delicious crab cakes.
Buy Maryland Jumbo Crab Cakes Online
Buy Maryland Jumbo Crab Cakes online today- Cameron’s online store. The crab cakes are 8 oz. crab cakes, roughly the size of a baseball and can feed 1-2 adults. They are made with a 75% premium Maryland Jumbo Lump crab meat to binder ratio. Our crab cakes are made by hand every morning and shipped FRESH, never frozen
Fresh jumbo lump crab cakes ready to cook: simple cooking instructions included!