California Brown Rice Bowl
This recipe combines the rich fresh flavor of our sustainable Atlantic salmon fillets with healthy vegetables, brown rice and a lively citrus vinaigrette flavored with chives and garlic. An easy prep ahead meal, perfect for brown bag lunches or for a flavorful light dinner.
Salmon for Health. Salmon is known for it’s superfood health benefits. A great source of lean protein, nutrient dense Atlantic salmon is also packed with B vitamins, potassium, selenium and coveted Omega-3s. All these vitamins, minerals and other health benefit plugs are recommended for heart health and healthy weight maintenance.
California Brown Rice Bowl
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 orange juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoons chives chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lb. Cameron’s Seafood Salmon Fillet portioned into 4, 4oz pieces
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- 1 avocado peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup chickpeas cooked
- 1 cup sprouts
- 1 cup arugula
- Place lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, honey, dijon, garlic, chives, salt and pepper in a blender. Pulse until smooth and pour in olive oil and blend until thoroughly combined.
- Divide vinaigrette in half and use one half to marinate salmon. Marinate salmon for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat and grease lightly with pan release spray. Sear marinated salmon for 8-10 minutes, flipping periodically, or until cooked thoroughly. Let cooked salmon rest for 5 minutes.
- Fill serving bowls with cooked brown rice, avocado, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, sprouts and arugula. Top with cooked salmon and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette before serving.
Buy Seafood Online
You can buy our Atlantic Salmon Fillets (as well as many other delicious seafood products) from our online store. All of Cameron’s Seafood comes straight from the sea to your door with guaranteed freshness.
Show us how you use Cameron’s Seafood in your homemade recipes. Whether you make this delicious recipe or have one of your own that you would like to share-we’d love to hear from you. Post your own Cameron’s Seafood dish on Instagram and tag us @cameronsseafoodonline. We’re also on Facebook and Twitter, we look forward seeing your creations.
About the author
Patterson Watkins is a professional chef with over 17 years of experience. With a robust career in restaurants, contract dining and catering (including 4 Summer Olympic posts preparing food for the athletes!) Patterson joined the Cameron's Seafood team at the end of 2018 to concoct some delicious recipes with our premium seafood items as the centerpiece.