Fresh Maryland Seafood. Delivered.
Maryland Crab Delivery
Our home delivery service makes it simple to buy steamed crabs and have them shipped anywhere in the country. Buy crabs online through our online store or give us a call at 888-404-7454 and we’ll be glad to take a phone order.
Displaced Marylanders can get the little taste of home they’ve been longing for and seafood lovers nationwide can finally experience what many consider to be the best crabs in the world! Straight from the Chesapeake Bay to your door, steamed to order with JO and Old Bay spice and packed with gel packs so they arrive cold, on-time with FedEx. You get the lowest shipped crab prices guaranteed because we have been selling crabs since 1985.
Crab Buying Guide
- The Premium Large (#1) male crab, also known as a “Jimmy”, are typically the most sought after crabs. They typically range from 5 ½ – 6 ¼ inches. They are easily identified by their blue claws and inverted t-shaped apron which resembles the Washington Monument. #1 Males tend to have flakier meat.
- Colossal Jumbo crabs are simply very large Jimmys. They typically range from 6 ¼ inches and up.
- The Standard (#2) male crab, are smaller Jimmys. They are typically caught right after shedding their old shell and have not quite filled out their new bigger shell. They range from 5 – 5 ½ inches.
- The Females, also known as “Sook” can be identified by the orange color on the tips of the claws or their dome shaped apron. The Sooks are typically sought after for the sweet taste and the egg roe that sometimes is present inside the crab. Sooks tend to have denser meat. They can range up to 6 inches but are usually between 5 – 5 ½ inches.
- Soft shell crabs mean a hard crab just molted and their entire body is soft and edible. We clean them and ship them frozen with dry ice. We sell 2 sizes of soft shells: Primes (4 ½ – 5 inches) & Whales (5 ½ inches +).
Live vs. Steamed Maryland Crabs
We strongly recommend ordering your blue crabs steamed prior to shipment instead of getting them live. When you buy live Maryland crabs online, dead loss is expected and we can not refund any money for dead loss. Normal mortality rates can be in excess of 15% or up to the entire order.
Maryland Blue Crab Facts:
- One dozen of large crabs feeds one adult., A bushel feeds 6-10
- A Maryland crab feast typically involves sitting at a large table with family and friends sitting elbow-to elbow. The table will have Maryland Crabs, melted butter and Old Bay for dipping, corn on the cob with old bay, crab mallets, newspaper or brown crab paper and paper towels.
- Maryland Crab season ranges from April through December