FRESH MARYLAND SEAFOOD. DELIVERED.
Every morning, our crabbers bring us the freshest, meatiest Maryland blue crabs straight from the Bay. Buy Jumbo, Male or Female Crabs by the dozen or the bushel, live or steamed to perfection with our special seasoning blend.
Maryland Crab DeliveryOur home delivery service makes it simple to buy steamed crabs and have them shipped anywhere in the country. Buy crabs online through our online store or give us a call at 888-404-7454 and we’ll be glad to take a phone order.Displaced Marylanders can get the little taste of home they’ve been longing for and seafood lovers nationwide can finally experience what many consider to be the best crabs in the world! Straight from the Chesapeake Bay to your door, steamed to order with JO and Old Bay spice and packed with gel packs so they arrive cold, on-time with FedEx. You get the lowest shipped crab prices guaranteed because we have been selling crabs since 1985.Crab Buying Guide
- The #1 male crab, also known as a “Jimmy”, are typically the most sought after crabs. They typically range from 5 ½ – 6 ½ inches. They are easily identified by their blue claws and inverted t-shaped apron which resembles the Washington Monument. #1 Males tend to have flakier meat.
- Jumbo crabs are simply very large Jimmys. They typically range from 6 ½ inches and up.
- The #2 male crab, are smaller Jimmys. They are typically caught right after shedding their old shell and have not quite filled out their new bigger shell. They range from 5 – 5 ½ inches.
- The females, also known as “Sook” can be identified by the orange color on the tips of the claws or their dome shaped apron. The Sooks are typically sought after for the sweet taste and the egg roe that sometimes is present inside the crab. Sooks tend to have denser meat. They can range up to 6 inches but are usually between 5 – 5 ½ inches.
- Soft shell crabs mean a hard crab just molted and their entire body is soft and edible. We clean them and ship them frozen with dry ice. We sell 2 sizes of soft shells: Primes (4 ½ - 5 inches) & Whales (5 ½ inches +).
- One dozen of large crabs feeds one adult., A bushel feeds 6-10
- A Maryland crab feast typically involves sitting at a large table with family and friends sitting elbow-to elbow. The table will have Maryland Crabs, melted butter and Old Bay for dipping, corn on the cob with old bay, crab mallets, newspaper or brown crab paper and paper towels.
- Maryland Crab season ranges from April through December