Nachos are a quintessential party food. Originating in Mexico using just tortillas, cheese and jalapenos, today variations on nachos can be found around the world. Being from Maryland, we saw it fit to create our own recipe for crab nachos, using our lump Maryland crab meat.
Our lump Maryland crab meat is picked from the beautiful Maryland blue crabs caught in the Chesapeake Bay and makes a great addition to any plate. The saucy spiced crab and gooey cheese on top of a crunchy chip is the perfect party bite. This seafood nacho recipe is sure to impress guests at your next get together.
We hope you enjoy our crab nachos recipe. Pro tip: melting the cheese on the first layer of chips before adding a second layer will help to ensure an even dispersion of cheese throughout!
Crab Nachos Recipe
- 1 lb Cameron’s Lump Maryland Crab Meat
- corn chips
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 small can yellow corn
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2½ cups white cheddar, shredded
- 1 avacado, peeled and chunked
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup chives, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Over medium heat melt your butter and oil in a small sauté pan.
- Add in the corn, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper and cook until the corn is golden brown.
- Add the garlic in for the last minute of cooking, as you don’t want it to burn. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the lump Maryland crab meat, sour cream, mayonnaise, and green chilies to the hot spiced corn and mix carefully. You don’t want to break the crab meat up too much while stirring it.
- Leave the crab mixture in the sauté pan to keep it warm.
- Arrange a single layer of corn chips on a rimmed baking sheet and top with half the crab mixture and half the shredded white cheese. Bake in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Take the baking sheet out of the oven and arrange another layer of chips on top of the first layer and add the rest of the crab mixture and the shredded cheese on top of those chips.
- Now broil your nachos on the low broil setting until the cheese is melted and starting to bubble and brown.
- Take your nachos out of the oven and garnish chunks of avocado, crumbled bacon, and chopped chives.
Buy Maryland Blue Crab Online
You can order lump Maryland crab meat and other delicious seafood products from Cameron’s Seafood’s online store. Our products are shipped nationwide in the United States in 48 hours or less. We have many fresh seafood options on our menu!
We hope you enjoy this crab nachos recipe, and all our other lump blue crab meat recipes. Feel free to share it on social media and tag us on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. We would love to see photos of your crab nachos!
By: Melanie Craighead
About the author
Patterson Watkins is a professional chef with over 17 years of experience. With a robust career in restaurants, contract dining and catering (including 4 Summer Olympic posts preparing food for the athletes!) Patterson joined the Cameron’s Seafood team at the end of 2018 to concoct some delicious recipes with our premium seafood items as the centerpiece.