Blue Crab Cake Stuffed Peppers
Maryland crabs cakes have earned a mighty reputation of being the best in the world. Blue crabs are a unique crustacean. Thanks to the wealth of resources found throughout the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland blue crabs have unsurpassed flavor. To maintain that consistency of flavor, Cameron’s Seafood only uses Maryland blue crabs and is a True Blue certified partner, ensuring all the crab meat used in their award winning crab cakes are 100% authentic.
Ring that Bell…Peppers
Bell peppers are a staple ingredient on many summer menus. Their crisp, sweet flavors enhance and infuse any ingredient they happen to be paired with. As well as coming in a variety of colors, bell peppers can also vary in flavor. Depending on your preference, there may be a bell pepper that’s right for you.
Green Bell Peppers have a verdant, grassy, and vegetal flavor. They are less sweet than other bell peppers with a slightly bitter taste.
Red Bell Peppers are the sweetest pepper of the bunch, much sweeter than the green bells, with an almost citrusy pop.
Yellow & Orange Bell Peppers these peppers are nicely balanced. Much milder than green bell peppers, yellow and orange peppers are not bitter and, slightly less sweet than red bell peppers.
Baby Bell Peppers are just miniature versions of the larger varieties, possessing the same flavor attributes. We love these little peppers for appetizers, perfect size for finger foods.
Let’s Get Stuffing!
Crab Cake Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 lb. baby bell peppers (or 4 full sized bell peppers for an entrée) halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 16 oz 2x 8oz containers Camerons Seafood Maryland Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Drizzle peppers with olive oil and heartily season each bell pepper with salt and pepper.
- Fill the seasoned peppers with crab cake mix and place in the oven.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the crab cake mix has reached an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot. These stuffed peppers are great served with melted butter or tartar sauce for dipping.
Buy Maryland Crab Cakes Online
Yes, the real deal, true blue Maryland crab cakes delivered right to your door! That’s exciting stuff! All of our jumbo lump crab cakes are handmade every morning, containing a whopping 75% crab meat to binder ratio (that’s a lot of crab!), and made with authentic Maryland crab meat. Click this link to shop our award winning crab cakes.
Show us your crab cake love! We’re always looking for fellow fans of the cake (maybe we should start a club!). We can be found @cameronsseafoodonline on Instagram or @CameronsSeafood on Facebook.
About the author
Patterson Watkins is a professional chef with over 17 years of experience. With a robust career in restaurants, contract dining and catering (including 4 Summer Olympic posts preparing food for the athletes!) Patterson joined the Cameron’s Seafood team at the end of 2018 to concoct some delicious recipes with our premium seafood items as the centerpiece.