Crab Leg Bloody Mary
We are always in search of a better brunch. And what better way to kick off a delightful weekend morning feast than with an epic cocktail?!
Bloody Marys are synonymous with brunches. These savory beverages start off with just a simple base of vodka and tomato juice, we get a level of culinary excitement from all the enticing flavor combinations, available add-ins, and garnishes.
Our go-to Bloody Mary, of course, has seafood savoir faire.
How to make a Bloody Mary…
Crab Leg Bloody Mary
- Old Bay Seasoning for rimming the glass
- 4 oz tomato juice
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of celery salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 lime wedge (or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 lemon wedge or 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 oz vodka
- 1/2 oz olive or pickle juice
- 1/2 Snow Crab Leg Cluster approx 1-2 legs
- Small Skewers of Pickles Olives, and Cucumbers
- Lemon and Lime Wedges
- Celery stalk
- Use 1 or 2 of the citrus wedges reserved for garnish to rim a large pint glass with juice.
- Place a heaping spoonful of Old Bay on a small plate and rim the glass with the seasoning (using the citrus juice as the ‘glue’ to adhere the Old Bay), set aside.
- Place tomato juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, celery salt, black pepper, horseradish, lime juice, lemon juice, vodka, and olive juice (or pickle juice) in a large cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice, close, and vigorously shake until blended.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared glass and garnish with crab legs, olive-veggie skewers, citrus wedges, and celery.
Sensational Snow Crab Legs
Snow crabs are found in the bitter cold waters from the Pacific North West and North West Atlantic, Alaska to Siberia and Greenland to Newfoundland, often crab season begins when the ice breaks (around mid April running til early November). Snow crabs are mostly legs, with their bodies being short and round and averaging from about 2-4lbs. Males tend to be double the size of the females and are most likely to land on our plates (sorry fellas). You’ll probably only see snow crabs sold in clusters, this being an already spilt and cleaned crab. Snow crab meat is hearty with a hint of salt, perfect for a dip in the melted butter cup.
We love this combination of the sweet crab meat and the savory-spicy cocktail. A nice balance between the contrasting flavors.
Make it a Maria or a Caesar!
There’s even more options when it comes to Bloody Mary making! These Mary-adjacent cocktails use a similar mixture with just a couple alterations. For a Bloody Maria, instead of vodka use tequila. For a Caesar (Canada’s version of a Bloody Mary), substitute the tomato juice for Clamato juice!
Taste the Cameron’s Crab Leg Difference
You really can taste the difference between our Blue Crabs, Dungeness Crabs, Snow Crabs and King Crabs compared to our competitors. We pride ourselves in sourcing the freshest, best-tasting, sustainable seafood available. As we say, ‘from shore to door, 3 days fresher than the grocery store’-all of our crabs and crab legs are delivered right to your door when you schedule it, guaranteed! Stop by our online store to check out our selection.
About the author
Patterson Watkins is a professional chef with over 17 years of experience. With a robust career in restaurants, contract dining and catering (including 4 Summer Olympic posts preparing food for the athletes!) Patterson joined the Cameron’s Seafood team at the end of 2018 to concoct some delicious recipes with our premium seafood items as the centerpiece.